Even though the latest Kinect drivers were available since November 2016, some customer laptops could not automatically download them from Windows Update.
You would encounter the following symptoms:
- Kinect was properly recognized by the computer.
- Kinect Configuration Verifier indicated a steady 30 fps rate.
- The installed Kinect driver was dated to 2014 (check Driver Date in the Device Manager)!
- Windows Update would not update the driver automatically.
You will need to update the driver manually.
- Plug-in your Kinect sensor device.
- Launch Device Manager (Start menu or Control Panel).
- Find “Kinect Sensor Devices” and expand.
- Right-click “WDF Kinect Sensor Interface 0”.
- Select “Update Driver Software”.
6. Click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
7. Reboot your computer when finished.